Another favourite of mine. The Bee Hooi coffee shop is open mainly at night with a good variety of hawker fare. It is open for lunch with mainly just Chicken Rice. Located opposite Belissa Row, who wants a 15 ringgit coffee at Coffee Bean when you can get it for 1 ringgit opposite. Parking as usual is a tedious affair, but you can try parking in the parallel lanes near the coffee shop.
What to Eat
- The Orr Chien (Oyster Omellet) has big oysters for 5 ringgit. Ok maybe not that big, but big by Penang standards.
- Ah yes, the Char Koay Teow here is excellent and worth the wait. The old man is bent and works hard at the wok while his wife nags him incessantly. Be ready for a 15 minute wait when it gets busy.
- Another dish you should try here is the Sar Hor Fan, which has just the right burnt taste to it.
- The Chinese Pasembur is not bad as a side dish.
- Try the octopus in the loh bak stall too.
- Try the Keh Lah Sim Boi (Fresh lime with preserved plum)