www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Beef Ball Noodle Soup















This is from one of my favourite coffee shops in Kampong Malabar, just next to Chowraster Market. I've been eating there since I was a kid. Anyway this is one of my favourite dishes. It is served in 2 bowls. One bowl with the dry noodles in soy sauce and spring onions. Another bowl is filled with crunchy beef balls. This are eaten together at your leisure and much satisfaction. Double yummy!

Here is the map for the Ho Ping café for Beef Ball noodles. It is on a small road called Kampung Malabar, opposite the Kayu Nasi Kandar on Penang Road. The Beef Ball noodles are a must try, something you don't get anywhere else. The fried rice with salted fish is also not bad at all.

7 comments:

See Teck said...

Hey, this is my favourite stall also!

Anonymous said...

hi,i've never been to penang but all ur pictures look super delicious. cant wait to go to penang to try them out. thanks for posting. i'm from kch btw..:)

Anonymous said...

This is my TOP FAVOURITE. It is a Hakka food and if I am not mistaken, this is the ONLY stall in Penang selling this. I am worrying that once the couple retired, I could not taste it anymore. Their son does help them occasionally but the father's cooking is better. Recently they have switched their supply of beef ball and it taste better.

Doc said...

Yah this is the only place I know to get this dish. I still remember the first time my parents ta pow this for me when I was about 10 years old. I didn't know, so I just mixed everything up and ate it. Still tasted delicious and I still go there once a month.

Unknown said...

Where is this place? I saw yr blog and I straight away told my husband. So this morning we went to look for it but couln't find the cofeeshop selling beef ball noodle soup. We asked one of the shop owner for Kampong Malabar but she said she never heard such place. We noticed there were many coffeeshops selling Koay Teow Th'ng but none selling the beef ball noodle soup. I will really appreciate it if anyone can help to tell me the exact location of this coffeeshop or perhaps the name of the coffeshops. Or maybe they have stopped selling it that's why we couln't find it?

Doc said...

Hi Veronica, the shop is only open for late morning to lunchtime. It is facing the main road, I will upload a map of the place for you.

Unknown said...

So we found it and tried it. My husband loved it. We will going back again and again. Thanks a lot!